Monday, July 07, 2008

Where Are Your Eyes?

I can confess that the last month or two has sent me on a roller coaster of events, thoughts, emotions, feelings, observations, commands, and promises. All of which has sent me into a bit of confusion. And I know God is NOT a God of confusion. So, Sunday's "Streams in the Desert" devotion was comforting. This was the main verse the devotion was centered around:


We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you
2 Chronicles 20:12

The verse was a verse that I had first heard almost 7 years ago. It was right after 9/11 and I went to a Passion event where Louie Giglio was set to speak. Obviously, his talk was centered around the recent terrorist attacks. However, the verse is one I've thought of many times since then. So, the timeliness (of course) was perfect to hear it yet again.

The Streams devotion also reiterated some important things to remember in our daily life:


Living a life of faith often requires us to leave things alone.

If we have completely entrusted something to God, we must keep our hands off it. He can guard it better than we can, and He does not need our help.

It is such a comfort to drop the entanglements and perplexities of life into God's hands and leave them there.

It all reminds me of the marquee at a church near my house. It says:


Sorrow looks back
Worry looks around
But faith looks up

Where are your eyes?

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: