Friday, July 18, 2008

The ABC’s of Me

As you might know, another recent word that God has given me is “character”. Diving into it, I was reading about character the other day and the article asked, "When people think of you, what would be the first word they used to describe you?" It kind of got me to wondering. So, I asked that of a few friends… some I have known for a long time, some not as long. It was somewhat of a solemn request, but light-hearted answers were welcome too! To my pleasure, most people were very kind and sweet in their responses. Below is a smattering of them…

Artistic
Brave
Creative
Determined
Disciplined
Integrity
Faithful
Genuine
Kind
Mellow
Nurturer
Obedient
Persistent
Real
Sensitive
Talented
Unrelenting

In thinking lately about who God is, I have realized that His is the author of all of these things because He IS all of these things. What I humbly pray is that all these things are not in me, but they are only a reflection in me of who God is. And with that, they (and more) would continue to manifest themselves as God continues to refine me in the crucible of life, of His love.

May He be the only refiner.
May I become radiant!
May I become what I behold!

All for now (I think),
Lisa

No comments: