Tuesday, July 15, 2008

... Paul Harvey...

You know, I noticed something about the two passages below about resting. We have to make every effort to enter rest (Hebrews 4:11). We have to work at resting!! That verse has so much more meaning now to me...and you know the other weird thing, it comes home to me differently now. And so does the second passage.

In the days following my sister’s suicide, I made every effort to help my dad. And on a Saturday I was completely at the end of my rope. That night - I was sobbing in my bed and the verses Matt 11:28-30 came to me (I don’t think I recited them at the time correctly or knew exactly where they were, but I felt they were not my own – they were given to me). After I said them, I felt a lightening of spirit and I fell asleep, and woke up the next morning (Sunday), giddy in anticipation of how God was going to work.

The funny thing is that (I didn't realize it until now) I ceased trying to help my dad. He gave me rest. I found rest (both are in that passage). And my dad is a walking miracle today!!

Now it's coming home to me in a different scenario.

All for now (I think),
Lisa

No comments: