Monday, July 14, 2008

Paul Harvey is a Good Friend

I have noticed a couple of times already that after I take the time to blog about a topic, God shows me just a little more... usually just after I hit "publish". Paul Harvey (with his saying, "and now, the rest of the story") has become my friend. And today is no exception. But is that any surprise? After all, scripture says:
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
I was just having a coffee break with a friend and was telling her about my blog post. As we were sharing, God revealed to me another theme I often use to encourage people. This is usually around the issue of perspective. Especially when our problems get bigger than how we see God

4) The moon and your thumb

So, you would probably agree with me that the moon is pretty big. And that your thumb is much smaller than the moon. However, if you go outside at night, hold up your thumb, just right, between your eye and the moon, you can obscure the moon with your thumb - making it seem just about as large as the moon. And you can do that with God also. Hold up your problem, just right, and you can almost make your problem as large as you think God is... or worse, even larger than you think!

My experiences recenty with the true presence of God has shown me that God is so much bigger than I could have imagined. Much bigger. And "ten-fold" would be an underestimation, for sure.
All for now (I think),
Lisa

No comments: