Thursday, July 10, 2008

Phrases and Verses for Today

Manageable visions are not worthy of an unmanageable God. - Larry Crabb

His own time. His own way. - Streams in the Desert

Be still and know that I am God. - Psalm 46:10

What God declares the believing heart confesses without the need of further proof. - AW Tozer

No good thing does He withold from those whose walk is blameless. - Psalm 84:11

Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart. - Psalm 37:4

For nothing is impossible with God. - Luke 1:37

When you don't understand what God is doing in your life, trust His character. - author unknown

If your presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. - Exodus 33:15

Do not be anxious about anything. - Philippians 4:6

We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. - 2 Corinthians 10:5

The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. - Galatians 5:6

I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. - Psalm 40:1

With the goodness of God to desire our highest welfare, the wisdom of God to plan it, and the power of God to achieve it, what do we lack? - AW Tozer

The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still. - Exodus 14:14

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope. - Psalm 130:5

There is no fear in love. - 1 John 4:18

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

I'll always wait for something. Or rather, Someone. And as I long for earthly things, I'll allow them to point me to the deepest longing in my soul. He's the One I await. - Crosswalk Singles

and the best for last:

Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." - Revelation 4:8

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: