Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It All Depends on How You Look at It

So, yesterday morning I had reason to look through my old journals again. The funny thing is that I had not done this, until a few weeks ago, almost ever! My journals go back to 1989 so I have a few of them. The first time I did it, I had a horrible experience. What I saw was endless cycles and no seeming resolution. I felt forgotten. And all my efforts had just gone to waste.

But since then (woah, about a month), I've been on quite a journey with the Lord. One of learning about who He is. And entering into His rest. That is such a peaceful place. I've learned that entering His rest means ceasing my own efforts, my own thoughts, my own ideas, my own trying. It also means surrendering all my rights and demands. I had to leave myself completely in His mighty hands. I just come and sit at his feet.

So, yesterday morning, when I was looking through my old journals. It came to me about His appointed time. I looked up on my bureau to find a table card a good friend had given to me. It simply had my name with the verse:

For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.
Habakkuk 2:3

The appointed time has yet to come. But each moment, since my birth, has been planned and ordered by a wonderful God, a magnifient One. And this time as I thumbed through the pages of my journal, I actually smiled at the thought of Him being there and now I want to make sure I'm there for it. Know what I mean? Actually seeing and knowing that He is there - every second. And give Him the glory. Acknowledging His presence. I think that's what Proverbs 3:5-6 means to me.

I did a brief word study on God's timing. See for yourself:
You will arise and have compassion on Zion, for it is time to show favor to her; the appointed time has come.
Psalm 102:13
Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him.
Genesis 21:2
For this was how the promise was stated: "At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son
Romans 9:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galatians 6:9
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
1 Peter 5:6

All for now (I think),
Lisa

No comments: