Monday, July 21, 2008

What Has Come of Me

As many of you know, God has been speaking to me in amazing ways these last few weeks. And I have received it gladly. Well, truth be told, I've received it openly and perhaps closed it with my own assumptions. I'm sure many can relate.

This past weekend was filled with mixed emotions. Excitement, anticipation, hurt, pain, exhaustion, confidence, bewilderment, worry, rest, peace, eyes up, eyes down, eyes up again. Know what I mean?

Sunday night, I had a great conversation with a long-time friend. Well, I say long-time friend, yes, we met a long time ago, but until last week, we had not seen each other in over 10 years. In just how God works, our renewed friendship was perfectly timed. In a way only God can design, our journeys are so similar it's a bit freaky. And she was calling me to tell me how much what I had said one night spoke to her. Well, Sunday night, her words were learned! I'm just glad it was a teachable moment for me.

We shared our stories and what she told me is that when they Lord speaks to you something you don't have to guess about the rest of the meaning. So often we hear him and then we run off, most times on our own strength, to complete the story. She encouraged me to ask for further illumination... ask, "Lord, what else do you want to tell me about this; what else do you want me to know?" That was good wisdom! Thank you, long-time friend!!

I did that last night, but didn't necessarily hear anything new. And to me, all current events point to the opposite of what He's told me (and others) in the recent past! What I can rely on is that God can call things as not as though they are! (Romans 4:17).

And (of course), today's "Streams in the Desert" spoke to what I have been feeling. It talked about three levels of faith: 1) believing only when we see signs/strong emotions; 2) believing without relying on it; 3) believing when signs/emotions seem to urge the contrary.

Oh yeah, I'm there at 3).

"May God grant us faith to completely trust His Word, even when every other sign points the other way."

All for now (I think),
Lisa

P.S. Words/Phrases for today

Palm of His hands
Dwell
Lay down
Look up
Soverign
Courage
Trust

No comments: