Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Interesting Post-Script

I was looking today through my journal of poetry - which I began in January 1997. To the back pages I added some good quotes. I just found where I long ago penned the very quote from MUFHH (from yesterday):

There is a connection between the strange providential circumstances allowed by
God and what we know of Him, and we have to learn to interpret the mysteries of
life in the light of our knowledge of God. Until we can come face to face with
the deepest, darkest fact of life without damaging our view of God’s character,
we do not yet know Him.

Very interesting. I wonder in the last 10 to 11 years if I have truly come face-to-face with the deepest, darkest fact of life yet? And if I have faced them without damaging my view of God? Chambers says until then, I do not yet fully know Him.

What is the deepest, darkest facts of my life?
that I'm mortal?
that I'm powerless?
that I'm sinful?
that I'm single?

Facing all of these have only served to bring me closer to God; to recognize my greater need for God; and to recognize that's He bigger and more present than I had imagined. No, I can say without equivocation that facing these deep dark facts of life have only served to increase my view of God. I'm a fully aware of knowing Him.

I love journaling. It makes it easier to see the road marked with Jesus.

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: