Thursday, July 17, 2008

Still seeking still
On the art of being actively still

And I—in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.
Psalm 17:15

"Still" is one of the words I've been exploring lately. I decided to just write some prose on the subject:

Being still
Brings me to the face of God… might even say the heart of God
Fill my heart
Being still in completeness
Full of compassion and love
Learning to be complete in Him
In His presence
All while holding on
To His promises
The tension between
He is with me, will I be with Him?
Do I depend on Him on my own terms?
Would I have something to add?
Then it would be an independent dependence
But what could I possibly add?
Prayer calls on His presence
Is prayer my preparation for battle?
Or is it the battle itself?
Did His followers ask Jesus to teach them to win souls?
Preach the gospel?
Minister?
No, they only asked Him how to pray
All to know the Lord
In the face of that
What else would I want?
The Lord is pleased
May I live up to what I already have attained (Phil 3:16)
That He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion (Phil 1:6)
That is "the do"
May I love him enough to be obedient (John 14:15)
And then I AM already complete in Him (1 John 2:5a)
That is "the is"
I am becoming what I behold
Still

Only let us live up to what we have already attained.
Philippians 3:16

being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6

If you love me, you will obey what I command.
John 14:15

But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him.
1 John 2:5a


All for now (I think),
Lisa

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow - this really blessed me today! You definitely have a way with words... Praise the Lord!