Thursday, August 07, 2008

This is The One Thing
This is The Only Thing


Those Sara Groves lyrics (see below) are my life right now. The clouds have parted, the veil has lifted. Right now, I feel completely healed from my past PB (Prodigal's Brother) sinful inner thought life of pride and self-righteousness (sounds prideful to say it that way, but truly, it's just thankfulness... from one who is in true need of a Savior. And so very thankful for his grace, mercy, and forgiveness). I just love the way He weaved all of that together. I just love the way I can see something (a year ago) and then God reveals it so completely (all being there right in front of me, then shazam!)

You know, He got my attention with "husband" (something he knows I so desperately want), then He showed me how He's been there for me (through my journals) and how much He loves me, pursues me, and delights in me (which I feel blessed that I felt it first from Him, then I will from my husband). Then he showed me how little I trust him, or knew him (through waiting on those promises). So I learned about His character (through the "words" He gave me). Then I saw in those words who He was and that I could completely trust him. And then He exposed my sin, my sinful inner thought life (through friends, ss lessons, and my own conviction). But then once I got it, I confessed it, and He cleaned the slate. It doesn't mean I'm free from sin, just from the stronghold! Praise Him!!

A friend of mine gave me the verse from Habakkuk 2:3 a year ago, which I thought was a promise for me about a husband. I'm not so sure now. "The revelation awaited it's appointed time". Now, I think I see it was about my healing (perhaps it could be for both). And my next step in the new journey could be with a husband or not (and yes, I'm still praying that it is). But it will be with God. Humbled. Mindful. Following. Learning. With God! Not in my self-effort. My hands are off!!

And now, He's asking me... "ok, Lisa, now what? Do you want to keep going with me and what I have for you which is great and unsearchable things (Jeremiah 33:3)? Or do you want to find your husband? This is not the culmination (as I had erroneously thought earlier "now, where is my husband?") This is the start... of something new. I'm not sure of what - but I know it involves humbling myself to serve others out of the overflow of God's love. And all of this doesn't mean I won't be prideful or self-righteousness anymore. It just means now the slate is clean from strongholds and that I will be able to see it more readily. "For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me" (Psalm 51:3). Some how, some way...Romans 12:9-13 speaks to me:

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
Now, I'm moving forward... where.. I'm not sure. Wow... I think that's the journey in a nutshell.

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
Proverbs 11:2

I've been pondering humility and what exactly that means. I don't think it means being a push-over or a over-doer (for that can be prideful too). A friend reminded me of Uzzah (in 2 Samuel) and how his irreverent act angered God. He truly didn't realize God's holiness and was careless. I think that's where my pride comes in. Not truly humbling myself, realizing God's holiness!

The poem from today's Streams in the Desert was timely (as usual):

Oh, the Spirit-filled life; is it thine, is it thine?
Is your soul wholly filled with the Spirit Divine?
As a child of the King, has He fallen on thee?
Does He reign in your soul, so that all men may see
The dear Savior's bles image reflected in thee?

Has He swept through your soul like the waves of the sea?
Does the Spirit of God daily rest upon thee?
Does He sweeten your life, does He keep you from care?
Does He guide you and bless you in answer to prayer?
Is your joy to be led of the Lord ev'rywhere?

Is He near you each hour, does He stand at your side?
Does He clothe you with strength, has He come to abide?
Does He teach you to know that all things may be done
Through the grace and the power of the Crucified One?
Does He witness to you of the glorified Son?

Has He purified you with the fire from above?
Is He first in your thoughts, does He have all your love?
Is His service y our choice, and your sacrifice sweet?
Is your doing His will both your drink and your meat?
Do you run at His calling with glad eager feet?

Has He freed you from self and from all of your greed?
Do you hasten to comfort your brother in need?
As a soldier of Christ does your power endure?
Is your hope in the Lord everlasting and sure?
Are you patient and meet, are you tender and pure?

Oh, the Spirit-filled life may be thine, may be thine,
Ever in your soul Shechinah glory may shine;
It is yours to live with the tempests all stilled,
It is yours with God's blest Holy Spirit to be filled;
It is yours, even yours, for your Lord has so willed.

I humbly answer YES! Yes, Lord, for today, Yes!! I will keep walking, in step with the Spirit.

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit
Galatians 5:25

That's the one thing I know.

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: