Friday, August 29, 2008

The Fifth Set of Seven Words


crucible
The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the LORD tests the heart.
Proverbs 17:3
The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but man is tested by the praise he receives.
Proverbs 27:21

test
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Psalm 139:23
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
James 1:12
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test? And I trust that you will discover that we have not failed the test.
2 Corinthians 13:5-6

know
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalm 46:10
We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God.
John 6:69

refine
Therefore this is what the LORD Almighty says: "See, I will refine and test them, for what else can I do because of the sin of my people?
Jeremiah 9:7
This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.'
Zechariah 13:9
He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the LORD will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness
Malachi 3:3

assured
Be assured that my words are not false; one perfect in knowledge is with you.
Job 36:4
Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus.
1 Timothy 3:13
let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
Hebrews 10:22-23

lose
Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
Matthew 10:42
For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.
Matthew 16:25

preserve
Your compassion is great, O LORD; preserve my life according to your laws.
Psalm 119:156
See how I love your precepts; preserve my life, O LORD, according to your love.
Psalm 119:159
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.
Psalm 138:7
Neither do men pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.
Matthew 9:17
Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.
Luke 17:33

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: