Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More Repeated Themes

I have been seeing these recurring themes which for the most part began May 29, 2008:
  • Giving it all to God, my surrender, means ALL. I've learned that when I say, "everything is His" I cannot be casual about it. I must concede all my ownership. I'm learning what total surrender means - complete submission.
  • Obedience means I have not other course than Him. He is not in a consulting capacity, but an ownership capacity. And His right to rule is ALL emcompasing.
  • Submission and obedience would be unacceptable save that God is good, for me, is after my best interest, knows all, loves me, and that I AM the object of His preserving grace.
  • Peace will only come from the revelation of His love, tender care, and friendship with me. Focusing on Him and not the issues at hand will put that in proper perspective.
  • None of this would be attainable if I could not receive how much God loves me. Otherwise, I would be bitter.
  • The only thing I'm called to do it love God and others - and that has to come from the inside out (which is in His strength).
  • Even if it's noble it may not be Godly. Don't do it! Keep your hands off!!
  • Jesus waits with me and I can choose whether waiting will destroy me or grow me.
  • I really didn't know love at all - until I really understood who God is... and how much He loves me. He's done it all out of love.
  • Leaning on my own understanding only leads to frustration. I cannot demand to understand.
  • Even if it doesn't make sense now doens't means it won't ever make sense.
  • And finally, each new day I have been fearful that God may not show me something new. But He always does. Even if it's a repeated theme. I still see something new. That's just the way it is with God.
All for now,
Lisa

No comments: