Monday, August 18, 2008

The Third Set of Seven Words (Words From the Weekend)

tune
Dear friend, listen well to my words; tune your ears to my voice.
Proverbs 4:20 (Message)
I fine-tuned my ear to the sayings of the wise, I solve life's riddle with the help of a harp
Psalm 49:3 (Message)

harvest
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galatians 6:9
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:11
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.
James 3:17-18

train
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly.
1 Timothy 4:7
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
Hebrews 5:14

fruit
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
John 15:5
This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
John 15:8
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
John 15:16
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name.
Hebrews 13:15

friend
God-friendship is for God-worshipers; They are the ones he confides in.
Psalm 25:14 (Message)
And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend.
James 2:23

exalt
Then Hannah prayed and said: "My heart rejoices in the LORD; in the LORD my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance.
1 Samuel 2:1
The LORD is exalted, for he dwells on high; he will fill Zion with justice and righteousness.
Isaiah 33:5
And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord"
Luke 1:46

ready
I'm ready, God, so ready, ready from head to toe, Ready to sing, ready to raise a tune: "Wake up, soul! Wake up, harp! wake up, lute! Wake up, you sleepyhead sun!"
Psalm 57:7 (Message)

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: