Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Sixth Set of Seven Words

cease striving
Cease striving and know that I am God;I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalm 46:10 (NASB)
What does a man get for all the toil and anxious striving with which he labors under the sun?
Ecclesiastes 2:22

cast
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Psalm 55:22
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7

commit
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Psalm 37:5-6
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
Proverbs 16:3
So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.
1 Peter 4:19

release
My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare.
Psalm 25:15
The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed
Luke 4:18

satisfied
And I—in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.
Psalm 17:15
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. Psalm 63:5
Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh.
Luke 6:21

extravagant
I'll make a list of God's gracious dealings, all the things God has done that need praising, all the generous bounties of God, his great goodness to the family of Israel—Compassion lavished, love extravagant.
Isaiah 63:7-8 (the Message)
Change your life, not just your clothes. Come back to God, your God. And here's why: God is kind and merciful. He takes a deep breath, puts up with a lot, This most patient God, extravagant in love, always ready to cancel catastrophe.
Joel 2:13 (The Message)

poured out
So the three mighty men broke through the Philistine lines, drew water from the well near the gate of Bethlehem and carried it back to David. But he refused to drink it; instead, he poured it out before the LORD.
2 Samuel 23:16
Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.
John 7:38

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: