Wednesday, September 03, 2008

An Extravagant Act of Devotion

Yesterday's MUFHH talked about a “A Life of Pure and Holy Sacrifice”. I've been pondering it for a little bit.

It mentioned the story of Mary and her breaking her most precious flask of very costly oil and pouring it out on Jesus’ head. It was her extravagant act of devotion.

MUFHH continues with:
Our Lord is filled with overflowing joy whenever He sees any of us doing what Mary did— not being bound by a particular set of rules, but being totally surrendered to Him.
Being totally surrendered to Him means even giving up the searching in the journey. I know that sounds odd, but you can’t work harder at being holy. It just has to come. And be completely willing to go with it as He moves in you.

MUFHH ends with this:

Now is the time for us to break "the flask" of our lives, to stop seeking our own satisfaction, and to pour out our lives before Him. Our Lord is asking who of us will do it for Him?
I wonder what mine is? Perhaps it’s simply to stop searching in my journey for my own satisfaction. I think in all this journey of “healing to be content and still not satisfied” I’ve spent too much time on the not satisfied part and not enough on the content. So, this is where I’m ceasing striving. You just can't rush it.

As this segment of the journey comes to a close, I am thankful that He has shown who He is, how much He loves me, has disciplined and healed me. Now, I think that's enough about me.

Let’s focus on Him. It’s a much better subject!

Lisa

No comments: