Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Coincidence? I Think NOT!

If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you know it has been uncanny how my regular devotionals (Our Daily Bread, My Utmost for His Highest, and Streams in the Desert) have lined up with my journey. Today is no exception. Check out what MUFHH had to say about "pour out" and "satisfaction". And given my word "cease striving" check out the poem from today's Streams:

Be all at rest, my soul, O blessed secret,
Of the true life that glorifies the Lord;
Not always does the busiest soul best serve Him,
But he that rests upon His faithful Word.
Be all at rest, let not your heart be rippled,
For tiny wavelets mar the image fair,
Which the still pool reflects of heaven's glory -
And thus the image He would have you bear.
Be all at rest, my soul, for rest is service,
To the still heart God does His secrets tell;
Thus will you learn to wait, and watch, and labor,
Strengthened to bear, since Christ in you does dwell.
For what is service but the life of Jesus,
Lived through a vessel of earth's fragile clay,
Loving and giving and poured forth for others,
A living sacrifice from day to day.
Be all at rest, so then you'll be an answer
To those who question, "Who is God and where?"
For God is rest, and where He dwells is stillness,
And they who dwell in Him, His rest will share.
And what will meet the deep unrest around you,
But the calm peace of God that filled His breast?
For still a living Voice calls to the weary,
From Him who said, "Come unto Me and rest"

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: