Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's Beyond Me

I may never get the opportunity to be President of the USA, to dine with Presidents, or to even take another tour of the White House. But I do know this: Whatever I do, it will be beyond me. It will be beyond me because God will do it.

You know, in so many areas of my life, I am no spectator!! I like to get out there and DO! I'm an adventurer who doesn't mind rolling up her shirt sleeves and getting in there and doing it.

However, I've been mindful of this lately: When God calls us, He's really asking us to be a spectator. Really, all He asks of us is to be faithful.

Yes, I suppose you can call this thing called Christianity a spectator sport.

And pride, independence, and self-effort often masquerade themselves in hard work and perceived altruism. I shudder to think the times I've felt God has told me something only to run off, without Him, in hopes of accomplishing it for Him. What am I thinking??

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

He's all around us every day doing things that are just way beyond us. Don't take my word for it. Try it for a day. And the end of the day, just take a moment to think about what may have happened that day that was "beyond you". It was beyond you because it was God!

So, I say this publicly:

Lord, I'm Yours. Here's my life, please take it. Make my life your own. I say yes to You. And, with Your help, may I stay obedient to You, and keep my fingers off! I will receive the power of the Holy Spirit. May You receive ALL the glory. Whatever You're doing, it's beyond me. I surrender all.

Whatever He does, and whever He does it, it will be greater than I could have ever imagined.

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"
1 Corinthians 2:9

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: