Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Bucket List

Lists seem to be the current craze on Facebook (random facts about yourself). One friend's post inspired me to think about my bucket list. I've compiled a few bucket list items of things still to do. And then thought about a list of things I've done - and has made me very thankful for this life on earth. Oh for the life to come after this... cannot come close to comparison!

Here's my bucket list:
Mountain bike in Arches National Park
Cruise to Antarctica (will be my seventh continent to set foot on!)
Mountain bike in the Ft. Davis Mountains
Hike the Guadelupe Mountains (Guadelupe Peak)
Hike Half Dome in Yosemite
Go deep sea fishing
See the Olympics (preferably summer)
Visit Cadillac ranch (in Texas)
See the Marfa lights (went there, but didn’t see them)
See the lift-off of the space shuttle live
Drive what is left of Route 66 (in my dad’s 1956 Ford Thunderbird convertible)
Hike part of the Appalachian Trail
Ride the Trans-Canadian train
Learn to fly fish
Go to the top of the Statue of Liberty (not sure if this can be done anymore)
Go back to Ireland, and be sure to kiss the Blarney stone this time
Vacation in Costa Rica (and maybe even surf!)
Vacation in Cabo San Lucas
Vacation in the Florida Keys
Visit Japan (and climb Mt. Fuji, and see the sunrise)
Visit Spain
Visit Brazil (maybe even during Carnival)
Visit Peru (and climb Machu Picchu)
Vacation in Phuket
Visit Cambodia
Swim with dolphins/whales/manta rays
Fly in a glider (soaring)
See an American eagle in its natural habitat
See the Pyramids (and climb one for sure!)
Ride a camel
Ride an elephant
Climb an actual ‘14er in Colorado
Be a 46'er (climb all 46 high peaks in the Adirondacks)
Raft in the Grand Canyon
Climb up the Grand Canyon
Fly over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter
Fly over Hoover Dam in a helicopter
SCUBA dive
Become a missionary (as my next career)
Go ice-climbing (climb a glacier)
Go dog-sledding
Go snowmobiling
Own a dog
Learn to sail (by myself)
Learn to start a fire (without matches)
Learn how to tie different knots
Get married
Grow my own vegetables
Fly around the world on one ticket (I had the opportunity to do this right after graduate school and I wish I had taken it)
Go deep sea fishing
Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
Visit the Great Wall of China
Shoot a machine gun (at a paper target)
Go deer hunting
See Victoria Falls near Zambia
Raft the Zambezi River
See World's Highest Falls - Angel Falls in Venezuela (and hike through the jungle to get to it)
Bike vacation in New England (New Hampshire, Maine, etc)
Catch a firefly and put it in a jar
Go rappelling - Aussie style! (maybe in Zion National Park)
Live outside of Texas (maybe even the USA!)
Learn how to make beer, wine, or even moonshine!
Peg a speedometer of something fast!!
See a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans
Ride on the Ferris Wheel at the Texas State Fair
Play a wii

All for now,
Lisa

2 comments:

TessyTris said...

OMG - I can't believe you are one of my best friends and we've been to New Orleans many times and you haven't seen a New Orleans Mardi Gras parade. OK - I'll take ownership of this one. We'll do this one together in 2010.

Lisa said...

excellent! 2010 it is!!!