Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Heart and a Song

Yesterday's devotional from "Walk with God, The One Year Devotional" keyed in on steadfastness. I smiled because God has been calling me to this for a few weeks now.

It was this past Sunday that the idea of commitment was reinforced in our teaching (we're studying Ruth). I wrote the following on the bottom my handout:

walking through a season of singleness
making a statement of faith to God:
"where you go, I will go
where you stay, I will stay
your people will be my people
as for me, I will serve You"
walking from Moab (idolatry) and leaving it behind
walking to Bethlehem (house of Bread) with determination
with hope of being restored
to gain my inheritance, deliverance, FREEDOM, abundance of life
RESOLVE in my mind today

And all Monday morning I'd been thinking about that commitment. It was then that I went to lunch and got my fortune cookie. smile!!

Yesteday's devotional had some wonderful truths: "No matter what uproar is going on around us, no matter how much pressure is applied, God will wait to answer us until it is clear to Him, to us, and to those who observe us, that our heart is resolutely fixed on Him. And more than just steadfastness of hope is required; it is a steadfastness of worship, too. The heart that learns to make music in its darkest moments is the heart that is delivered." "The wait may be long, but the victory is sure. God does not remain silent in His love when we do not remain silent in our worship."

I think Albert Einstein was quoted as saying, "The Lord God is subtle, but malicious He is not."

One thing though: He demands it all. He is worth it.

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: