Friday, June 20, 2008

More Paul Harvey

Isn't that usually the case... there's always a "rest of the story"... an "and then God"? Well, here's one more...

Yesterday was a rough day, compounded by Tuesday night, when I looked back at my journals and just felt a little forgotten. And it made me question if I heard from God... if I've ever heard from God. And, then, for a split second... is there really a God? wow... can you believe.

You know, satan tried to steal my dance yesterday (it was a rough fight), but by day's end God prevailed. That song, "He will carry me" by Mark Shultz was on at lunch (I was in the car by myself). It put words to everything I was feeling (which is why I posted it yesterday). It also helped put my feelings back into perspective. God is bigger than those feelings, as large and heavy as they may have felt.

I agreed with a friend this morning that this season is requiring surrender and trust, but then again I'm wondering what season doesn't require that? What I am learning new is that surrendering includes my rights and demands (think I saw that on MUFFH today), but I have come to a new understanding about leaning on Him completely... COMPLETELY (or at least more completely -- I don't think we are ever completely dependent on him until we're complete in Him - the other side of heaven).

I felt it differently, for the first time, late last night. I want to stay there. It's very safe - yet VERY vulnerable. Not something I've been good at - vulnerability. Yet it's an intimacy with the LORD that I had yet to experience.

No comments: