Monday, November 20, 2006

The End is the Beginning

This is my tribute to Erin B. I just read today on her blog that she's decided to quit blogging. With all the upcoming activities in her life, I can definitely respect her for making this decision. And so like her to not let something idly stand by, but make an active decision. I appreciate that. I know I'm not alone when I say I hope her blogging decision is more of a long hiatus than a permanent decision. But I think that decision can come later.

I looked back and the first comment on my blog was from Erin! So like her.
hmmm...the unshackeling of mysteries. i'm sure many of the mysteries that have
become known to me are secondary to various experiences, even allusive ones.
traveling has always done this for me - getting out, away, alone. solitude, true
solitude as Henri Nouwen speaks of in The Way of the Heart, does this as well.
it's scary, but it's awesome. art and journaling definitely. being brave enough
to share myself with myself. sounds weird, but sometimes i think i hide things
from even my mind's view. digging things up, letting them spill
Most of you may not know this, but she was the reason I started blogging in the first place. I didn't even know her. Just was referred to her blog as I was surfing one day. Read her entries, then her bio and I knew I just had to meet her. Then, at the next First Things First in the city (and First Prebyterian), I asked someone to introduce us (I was hoping she wouldn't think I was a complete weirdo... "hey, I read your blog... huh huh huh huh"). Well, that wasn't the case at all, we decided to meet for lunch at the Daily Grind one day and our frienship was immediate.

I have learned a lot from my friend. Not by anything specific or deliberate, but more of how she has daily lived out her faith, and the perspective she takes. Very much as her comments states above... being brave enough to share herself. I find that unusual, unique, and unbelievably cool!

Here's to you, my friend! I read somewhere that in true art, the end is merely the beginning.

All for now,
Lisa

1 comment:

Ulovebeth said...

Lisa, I'm sad, too. I even liked it when she only posted about the wedding, and usually that stuff bores me, but it was precious with Erin. :)