Tuesday, October 07, 2008

When Nothing is the Thing to Do

My tendency is to be active. And I like it. It keeps me young. Daily physical activity (weight training, cycling, running) has helped me to stay strong and flexible. Mental activity (reading, writing, doing art) has helped my mind stay focused and sharp. However, spiritual activity (read maturity here) does not quite equate.

If you've read my blog for a while, you know God has had me on a fast track for the last few months learning some things, being healed from some things. And for that I am very thankful.

But right now, I'm in a bit of a darkness. In my feel-sorry-for-myself moments, I can say that I have felt forgotten. And if my God was anything other than who He is, I might have lost hope.

My knee-jerk reaction is to start doing something! Anything! But this is where I just have to stop.

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalm 46:10

I know who God is. And acknowledging Him doesn't always take the frustration away, but it does remind me that I've probably made my problems bigger than what they really are. And, in doing that, have limited my view of God.

Ah, perspective. It's a wonderful thing.

Just keep remembering... God is bigger!

All for now,
Lisa

1 comment:

COLE said...

love this entry! :) i can relate to that verse...i feel like i am not still enough for me to be able to hear what god wants to say to me.