Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Putting On and Putting Off

Ephesians 4 says to put off the old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Well, I'm sure this is speaking of spiritual needs. However, I'd like to look at it in view of physical needs. Yesterday, a nurtionist was on KSBJ and spoke of things we should take out of our diet and put into our diet. Below are some she listed. I got to thinking about them and I think I want to try it for 2008.

put off
corn syrup
refined sugars (aka enriched)
refined flours (aka enriched)
hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated vegetable oil
diet sodas

put on
FRESH (not canned) fruits and vegetables (keep apples/oranges by the door)
legumes (black beans, lentils, garbanzo beans) - can be from a can
maple syrup, honey, agave nectar sweeteners


What about you?

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: