Thursday, November 08, 2007

Biking Among the Giants

One beautiful Saturday recently, I found myself riding my mountain bike around town with a few of my friends. It was a brisk day, but we had so much fun discovering wonderful sights right here in the middle of the city. This photo was taken at David Adicke's studio.

David Adickes is a local sculptor and is famous for his larger than life sculptures. He is the creator of such notable works as the 60 foot tall Stephen F Austin statue, the 67 foot tall Sam Houston, and the 20 foot tall busts of the U.S. Presidents in President’s Park.

From what I understand, the 36 foot tall Beatles statues will stay here in Houston and be located along I-10 that runs right beside his massive warehouse studio.

Well, it was an amazing day and I wanted to share it with you.

All for now,
Lisa


No comments: