Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Adventures Abound!

The past two weeks have brought very fun adventures for me:

Two weekends ago, a group went to Bastrop to enjoy the inaugural journey of an inland paddling trail - the "El Camino Real Paddling Trail". It's a new 6-mile paddling trail where the legendary El Camino Real crossed the Lower Colorado River. That Saturday was B-E-A-utiful and it was a day-long trip full of fun - and even a last-minute detour to a winery (the Lehm Berg winery in Giddings). We had a GRAND time. Photos at left.

Last weekend (my birthday weekend), a group traveled to Martin Dies, Jr. State Park to enjoy a weekend of camping... and kayaking... and mountain biking... and road biking... and even a late-night marshmallow gunfight! All that, along with campfires (with s'mores and guitars), great food and lots of laughs, we had a BALL!!! Photos at left.

Here's the top six quotes that were brought home from the trip...

6. "I'm on a dinner date, and I can't stop thinking about you. I find you very intriguing," wrote Ryan's new "friend"
5. "Yep, some people are driving the canoes over to the lake," said the park ranger.
4. "Oh, I put her away," explained Melissa
3. "Man, I love Immodium!!!" expressed Paul with relief
2. Sharing lofty dreams and sincere longing, Melissa sighed, "I've always wanted a mag lite..."

And the number 1, never-to-be-acted-out-again quote comes from the Bee-Day
girl, "Wanna see my sting?" (wink, wink)

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: