Monday, September 25, 2006

Another Milestone

A co-worker passed along to me yesterday the fact that we went over the International Date Line while flying from San Francisco to Hong Kong. These little milestones may be insignificant, but they're kinda fun to look at; reminding ourselves that the world is much bigger than our everyday environment.

For it was July 2003 when I was in Greenwich, England (zero degrees longitude) and it was July 2004 when I straddled the equator in Quito, Ecaudor (zero degrees latitude). Now in September 2006 I crossed the International Date Line.

What's Next?

  • The North Pole
  • The South Pole
  • Stepping foot on all 7 continents (I have 2 to go!)
  • ??

I'm open to suggestions!

All for now,
Lisa

1 comment:

Steven and Amanda said...

How can you forget the Four Corners right here in the good ol' US of A? You gotta go stand in four states at once ... and drive in a circle yelling, "Look, I'm in Colorado! Look, I'm in Utah! Look, I'm in Arizona! Look, I'm in New Mexico! Look, I'm in Colorado! Look, I'm in Utah! ..."