Thursday, June 22, 2006

Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?

"Have I Told You Lately that I Love You?" is a popular song, written by Scott Wiseman. Although most of us know it sung by the raspy-voiced singer, Rod Stewart, the song was actually published in 1945. But the thought is timeless.

Most of you who know me, know that I'm a fairly verbal and fairly affectionate person. But few of you may really know why. And I have no idea why I'm bringing it up now save that it's been on my mind lately.

You see, I had a wonderful older sister. A beautiful woman whom I adored. But she was taken from me over 12 years ago. Very suddenly. And since then I often wonder (sometimes daily) if I told her enough that I loved her. I think I did, but the thought lingers.

Have you told the people you love that you love them? Even if you have, they would probably appreciate hearing it again. You may not have as much time as you think.


I should tell those I love I love them before time splits us asunder, leaving
someone else to wonder where we are and how it goes. ~ Jim Mugford

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: