Friday, December 02, 2005

Getting Real about Loneliness

Would you believe I just received an email this morning from ChristianityToday speaking to this issue of loneliness. In this article, six singles share their coping strategies and lessons learned from lonely seasons.

Here's the link -->
http://www.christianitytoday.com/singles/newsletter/mind40526.html

There are lots of ideas for coping. If that's the right word... or how about I use the word embracing... does that sound better? Or is that too affectionate a word for such an ugly issue? I say that with a little bit of tongue in cheek because I think most often we singles begrudge loneliness when, in fact, is not a issue of singlessness as much as an issue of humanity. My married friends have shared with me their seasons of loneliness. So, regardless of marital status, is loneliness a bad thing? Something from which we should run?

I'm curious, folks, what are your thoughts?

All for now,
Lisa

1 comment:

erin vanv said...

Loved the article. I completely identified with Jamie for the obvious reasons of moving so far from home. From having dealt with loneliness on the singleness front...to now dealing with it on just missing friends (it's funny because I almost could care less right now about having a guy!). But what she said is so true. God has been faithful to me in a way that I never could have experienced at home with all my comforts. I thank Him for my Canadian loneliness and the joy that has followed because I have been able to trust in Him alone.

Now my fav was really Stephanie who sings to herself, because I personally like to sing and dance when I'm alone with God. I sometimes wonder how that would actually work if I had a husband.... ;)

I love your encouragement when I post too :)