Monday, February 16, 2009

God Has a Way of Spoiling Me

Despite all that God is showing me... my yuck, His undefiled glory, His design for me... and the difficulty I've had dying to self, He still has a way of spoiling me.

Case in point #1: I've been doing art for quite a while and have wanted to be involved with other Christian artists for a while now. Nothing has happened in this arena and I thought all was lost. Well, I was just contacted by a guy starting an art group at my church! And he asked me to produce a piece of art for the Easter celebration. How cool is that?

Case in point #2: I've longed to see an American Bald Eagle is its natural habitat. I've seen them at the zoo, but never just "in the wild". A few weekends ago, I took a cruise on Lake Buchanan just to see eagles. We saw a few, but I wasn't really satisfied. We even saw a nest with two juveniles still in it and the mother watching over them. But I still wasn't quite satisfied. Well, on Saturday, while on a bike ride, there was an American Bald Eagle flying 30 feet over my head! I looked up to see it looking right back at me. He was beautiful! And I was amazed!! How cool is that?

God does have a way of spoiling me.

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: