Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Best Advice I've Seen in a Long Time!

I just received my weekly crosswalk.com singles email. And while I feel each week's message is quite good, this week's is especially good. It's probably the best advice I've seen in a long time on the plight of the Christian single in America today. And I know... I'm one of them. So, let me just speak for myself instead of all ACS (American Christian Singles), I've often struggled with what actions I should take... should I step back or step forward or stay still or whatever! And what I've realized in all of this is that it has nothing to do with movements around you but movements in you - and time spent with the Lord. And I'm sure that's not a big aha to anyone (single or not). For I think most big events in your life (and I'd even suggest ANY event in your life) should be wrapped in time spent with the Lord. I learned with dating, I have to listen for Him (with a big H), instead of listening for him (with a little h). There's nothing wrong with getting out there, just don't do it alone (make sure God is leading the way).

It's a good article and I recommend it:
He Said-She Said: Time to Find a Husband?

All for now,
Lisa

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I found the article interesting.

Lisa said...

interesting... a word that can be taken muliple ways. Did you agree or not agree? I'd love to hear your perspective.

Lisa

Alyssa said...

I liked having access to his view and her view. I think the idea of the his and her article is an excellent one. I think both gave valid points for the questioner to consider. I honestly enjoyed the article and found it interesting! Is that a better answer? :)