Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Hawk

Well, there's the photo and here's the story:

Just the other day, it was perched at the end of my drive way, near the garage. As I turned into the driveway, it really didn't move at first (which surprised me). As I drove up, it flew away (with a small dead bird in its talons) -- it was then that I realized what it was! It just flew to my next door neighbor's fence. That's where I took the photo.

I think he had a dove in his talons.... at least it looked like at a distance. There was actually a dove INSIDE my studio over the weekend (I had left the garage door open). I think he was a little sick because he was flying crazy.

Let me tell you it was the strangest thing to turn into my driveway.. look up the driveway and think it's simply a dove in the driveway (what I would have expected). Then to see/hear... whap whap whap of his wings as he spread them to fly away. AMAZING. Then to just fly to the neighbor's fence. Incredible. So I took those photos and then realized I had a better camera inside. I went in, got it, came back out. He was still just sitting there. I tried to take a photo.. and alas, no memory card in the camera. OUCH. So, I went back inside, found a memory card, installed it, came back outside, then pointed the camera to zoom and then whap whap whap he flew away. DAGNABIT.

I came inside and a few minutes later I could hear him screech as he flew over my house... as if to say, "I'm still here!"

Anyway, it was cool.

WOW!!! I just can't believe the wildlife RIGHT here in the thick middle of the city.

Love it! Love it!!!

All for now,
Lisa

No comments: